MBP and new Dell 2020

austyn23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 22, 2017
Hi to all!

I´m tired of my 5K iMac, is too big and I would like a 25 inch display for work (graphic design). Also I have a MBP 2015 15 inch.

I´m thinking on selling both devices and get the 16 MBP (or maybe the 14 inch if it happens this year) and use it with the new Dell USB C display:

The panel is 2560x1440, but is not "retina" like the iMac, maybe that is going to be a bump...

Anyone uses this display? or the previous one that is the same but without USB C (U2518D)

Thanks to all!

pshufd

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
Hi to all!

I´m tired of my 5K iMac, is too big and I would like a 25 inch display for work (graphic design). Also I have a MBP 2015 15 inch.

I´m thinking on selling both devices and get the 16 MBP (or maybe the 14 inch if it happens this year) and use it with the new Dell USB C display:

The panel is 2560x1440, but is not "retina" like the iMac, maybe that is going to be a bump...

Anyone uses this display? or the previous one that is the same but without USB C (U2518D)

Thanks to all!
I'm looking at two of them right now except that it's not the USB-C version. I love these monitors and I got them specifically because they are not retina (or 4K in non-Apple parlance). Screen shots get screwed up with retina or scaled displays. You'll also have less of a load on your graphics card using native resolutions.

I drive these off my 2015 MacBook Pro 15 with AMD Discrete Graphics and it's in clamshell mode.

The monitor is nice in that it has a lot of ports.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.