MBP and the new iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SaleenS351, Aug 11, 2007.

  1. SaleenS351 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2004
    Location:
    California
    #1
    I am considering the purchase of the new iMac. It would be replacing the power mac in my sig a dual 2.0ghz. G5. I do have a Macbook pro not in my sig, its a 2.16Ghz C2D with a gig of ram. The laptop is my work computer, and is used somewhat at home, it is actually owned by my work. I have noticed its power compared to my lowly G5. I know the new iMac will outperform my power mac, but how much more will the 2.4Ghz model offer over my current MBP? I know its got a faster HD, but will it be a significant upgrade?

    Am I better off waiting till the next upgrade?
     
  2. techlover828 macrumors 68020

    techlover828

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2007
    #2
    It will be a bet quicker but I would wait for leopard at least
     
  3. SaleenS351 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2004
    Location:
    California
    #3
    Yeah I was planning on waiting, I don't need a computer now, so I can wait. I might try an sell the power mac now as too get max value for it. I also don't know if I should hang onto the my display, I wouldn't need it, but it may come in handy in the future.
     

Share This Page