MBP and the OX Lion upgrade

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Newbe, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Newbe macrumors member

On March 20, 2011, I ordered my MacBook Pro. For various unrelated reasons I returned the laptop twice. Recently, I think it was June 1,2011, I picked up my new replacement MBP from FedEx. As you know today Apple announced the July launching of Lion, and customers who purchase today will receive a free upgrade. Tonight when I returned from work, I telephoned Apple in order to find out whether I was entitled to a free Lion upgrade. Well the bottom line is simply that they do not have a definite answer to my inquiry. However, they anticipate that I will be required to pay for the upgrade. No doubt I am not the first consumer who has received their Mac within two weeks of the announcement of an OX upgrade. Does anybody know what is Apple's policy with respect to consumers who fall into this category? Obviously, I am within the two week period to return this MBP.

2. acedickson macrumors 6502a

acedickson

It's only $29. I think you expect too much but if you want to go through the hassle of returning it just to get Lion free then go for it.

3. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

Where did they say if you purchase now, you'll get a free upgrade? I didn't see that anywhere...that'd be awesome though!

4. palpatine macrumors 68040

motoracer! you are getting too excited :)

i'd be surprised if an os they are releasing later in the year is offered free to you now, but i guess you never know. $29. that's less than most of the apps i have bought.

5. jeanius macrumors newbie

lol its only $20 man...
    how many times did you call them already? you probably wasted $20 worth of your time

6. gmans46 macrumors regular

Where did you see that it was a free upgrade? It's 30$ who gives a crap

7. Just "Vinnie" macrumors member

Why should you be entitled to anything? And... you get 2 free macbook replacements yet expect even more?

LOL!

8. bpeeps, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011

bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Yes, you pay $29.99 to download Lion.

9. Newbe thread starter macrumors member

MBP and the OX Lion upgrade

acedickson and bpeeps you all are indeed right it is only $30.00. Thanks for your response. I merely mentioned the 14 day period because it is not an issue that I wanted the forum to address. I posted the inquiry because I wanted "verification" of the policy.
    jeanius I called Apple once and with this reply I posted twice. As far as I am concerned bpeeps has indicated the policy which is "pay the $30.00" So that is the end of this thread.