Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dzigg

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2007
Hey guys, this is my first post, I have been reading a lot recently on forums regarding Macs, especially its notebook line : MB and MBP..
I'm a graphic designer, I do web design and small video production, also I like to play games.
I have budget around $2000...
My question is this, should I buy a macbook @ $1000 + desktop @ $1000, OR MBP @ $2000 ?
So, is MBP can withstand everyday use? (almost 24/7) ?
And also, would it be still a decent machine for the next 3 years?
Last question is, should I buy NOW or should I wait for leopard?

Sorry if my english is bad, not my native language obviously :p

tommywomble

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2007
Hey guys, this is my first post, I have been reading a lot recently on forums regarding Macs, especially its notebook line : MB and MBP..
I'm a graphic designer, I do web design and small video production, also I like to play games.
I have budget around $2000...
My question is this, should I buy a macbook @ $1000 + desktop @ $1000, OR MBP @ $2000 ?
So, is MBP can withstand everyday use? (almost 24/7) ?
And also, would it be still a decent machine for the next 3 years?
Last question is, should I buy NOW or should I wait for leopard?

Sorry if my english is bad, not my native language obviously :p

i think your english is fine lol:)i think you should get the MBP,if your budget is $2000 why not get the best computer for your budget.:D

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
There's that - but I'll throw in another opinion just to confuse you ;)

It's good to have two separate machines for various reasons and if you use your power mostly at home, then the iMac + Macbook solution is a good way to go.

With the Macbook Pro it would be one point of failure as well as various compromises involved to squeeze an iMac into that size. I'm sure it is possible to use it 24/7, but an iMac is more likely to be more reliable.

You should buy when you need to buy.

dzigg

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2007
thx for reply guys..

lol, please don't confuse me more! hehe..

Yes, I was leaning more into macbook + desktop solution, but is macbook capable enough to handle my everyday work? Cause I'll be mostly doing my work in the laptop instead of the desktop..
I've been hearing people want a macbook pro cause they feel macbook is not good enough for photoshop, etc... And can it handle power hungry apps such as after effects?
I already know that playing the latest games in macbook is out of the question but I guess it's alright.. (altho it's really tempting to buy dell's xps for the same price range that can be used for gaming)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.