MBP Anti Glare is awesome...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SpitUK, Jul 5, 2011.

1. SpitUK macrumors 6502

It works great, this is why I got mine:

[​IMG]

It looks even better than in the photo. If you want to do any work outside at all then this is the screen for you. Nice sunny day here. Looks great inside as well

2. stringent macrumors 6502

stringent

Yup I agree. Glad I got mine with it too! Worth the extra.

3. EEXOOO macrumors regular

One of the main reasons I returned my MBP13 for the MBP15 is for the High res Anti Glare screen. It's a must have!

4. Nocky24 macrumors member

Looks fantastic! I'm just in the process of swapping my standard 2011 15" for the HR-AG version myself.

Also, good choice in website! ;)

5. kahkityoong macrumors 6502

kahkityoong

I'm loving mine after putting up with several years of glare.

6. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

7. encomium23 macrumors newbie

Using mine not only outside but in the wheelhouse of a boat where the glare from the water is really heavy. Screen works fantastic! :cool:

8. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

Anti glare screens are just missing the glass panels right? So the LCD is exposed?

9. Merkyworks macrumors 6502

10. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Damn...just bought a base model 15" MBP for $1600...new. Hope I don't hate the Glossy Screen. :\

I'm used to the anti-glare screens on my laptops. Any recourse if I hate it? lol

11. Merkyworks macrumors 6502

either buy a AG screen and swap it out or send it to a company that does the conversion for you.

12. babyt macrumors regular

babyt

You have a 14 return period. Apple will let you pay the extra $$ to get the antiglare option if you want :)

I have the antiglare option and the picture is so crisp and beautiful. Love it!

13. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Is there a link on how to do this...and a link to the company who does?

I don't want to void my warranty...but it's an option if I can't stand the standard screen.

I can't return it to apple because I didn't buy it from Apple...lol

14. imorton macrumors 6502

I have a 13" 2011 Macbook Pro and I wonder if I can buy a "stick-on" anti-glare screen protector to add on. A stick-on anti-glare screen protector like the ones we use on iPhones?

If there are some available, do they work well as in terms of reducing glare, and any links on where to find them?

IAN...

15. revelated macrumors 6502a

revelated

My comment is not pro or anti-AG.

But if you haven't noticed, you're not in direct sunlight. You're in a shaded area. Shaded areas are always going to look good, AG or no AG.

Sit out side, back to the sun, and see if you can see the screen on max brightness. That's the real test. It will likely be just as difficult on the AG as it is on the glossy under THAT condition. But then you have to ask: how often are you literally sitting outside to where you would notice such a thing? Not often.

Where AG might make sense is in an overly lit workspace where they seem to think that all sorts of light is the best choice when it really isn't. Or if your back is to a window that isn't properly tinted (this is a big one). Or in a cubicle situation where you can't control overhead lighting.

16. FirstAppel macrumors newbie

Does anybody know how to properly clean these things? I don't want to damage the screen.

17. karlth macrumors regular

No glass and some anti glare coating I think.

Macbook Air has just - no glass.

Agree about the anti glare screen. It is glorious.