MBP Apple Care eligibility

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by george81, Mar 3, 2012.

1. george81 macrumors newbie

Hi folks,

I bought my 2011 MBP on March 5, 2011 at 6:30 PM (receipt date) in FL from an Apple Store.

I just realized I had to buy my Apple Care before the 1-year period is up, and so I bought it online just now from BH Photo. (Couldn't buy it in an Apple Store as I'm travelling).

Am I good for activating the Apple Care extension when I receive this package on Monday/Tuesday, or does Apple mean that I have to submit the apple care code before March 5th? the latter would be impossible as BH Photo is closed on Saturday.

Please share your thoughts, am I out of luck?
    Thank you

2. falterego macrumors 6502

falterego

It has to be activated within the 1 calendar year period. If you don't get the code on Monday I'm sure you'll have to make a very desperate call to Apple support to see if they can make the exception for you.

My coworker had the same deal, bought his Apple Care on the last possible day and didn't get it activated in time. He called them the next day and explained the situation and they were able to make the exception for him.

3. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

You may be calling Apple - but it will work out.

4. george81 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for the replies.

Do you think maybe BH photo would be willing to give me my code before shipping the box, so I can activate Apple Care over the internet before the 1 calendar year is over?

5. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

doubt it

6. Aboo macrumors 6502a

Order it from the Apple Store online; then they can verify that you bought it within 1 year of purchase and they may be able to register it for you.

7. george81 thread starter macrumors newbie

it should be fine guys. the more I think about it, I should be fine. I did place the order before the calendar year deadline from an authorized Apple reseller, and I have the receipt to prove my purchase date, so I shouldn't have problems registering it.

Will keep you all posted but thanks for your feedback

Cheers

8. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

You'll be fine. As long as you order before the one-year date (which you did), you will have no problem. But a phone call will be needed to AppleCare. Worse case scenario is that you need to fax in some sort of receipt from BH or proof of purchase for you to activate but they'll likely just activate for you.

9. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Dont worry - Just call Apple when your applecare warranty box comes in.