MBP & Apple Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AutomaticHaze, Apr 6, 2012.

1. AutomaticHaze macrumors regular

Looking to buy a 20 inch ACD to use with my MBP. I have a late 2011 MBP so I assume everything should check out as far as using the two together. The two should work fine with a mini-display adapter, correct? I've been trying to stay pretty cheap.

I found this ad on Craigslist: http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/sys/2933218427.html emailed the guy and he is sending me pictures after work.

Seems a little to good to be to, but we will see. Anyway, Any tips or things to look out for when buying a used display?

Anyone know of a good place to find 20 inch ACD these days? I've seen them on eBay used for $169 but it seems a like a bad idea buying offline.

Just trying to make sure I don't get screwed as well as get a good deal, thanks!

2. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

Thats not a bad price if thats actually the display that here is selling and its in good condition. Just make sure you try before you buy. Also your MBP will work fine with that display, it will work well with almost any display provided you have the right adaptor. I used a 22" HP display before I bought to thunderbolt displays and now I don't know how I ever survived without them lol.

3. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Just got a 23" Alum from Craigslist. Was really scratched and there's a small scratch on the screen and dust behind the front cover. I dropped the price down due to this and got it. Overall it's an ok deal.

Just go there and test it thoroughly. If you see any problems, drop the price down a bit.

Also beware of people who don't post pics of the actual item. Always a warning sign.

4. fredfnord macrumors regular

Fyi

As I posted in another thread, it is possible that the original 22" Apple Cinema Display doesn't work with at least one model of MacBook Pro (2008-ish). I've seen this with two MBPs of identical model, while the ACD works fine with a newer MBP.

Even if that is the case, it's probably not true of the 20" ACD, but I'd definitely take my computer along to test, not test using his computer, if I were you.