MBP Applecare from Ebay

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kevzy, Mar 9, 2009.

1. kevzy macrumors member

So my one year warranty expires at the end of March. I want to buy additional Applecare from Ebay. I have done a quick search and checked ebay, cheapest prices seem to be around $180. Is this a good price to pay or could I find it cheaper?

Also, I am in the UK, I presume buying from the US will be not problem?

Thanks in advance.

2. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

Ebay is your cheapest. I plan on going that route in a year.

There was a thread floating around a week or two ago about someone who's Ebay Applecare was somehow cancelled by the seller? I guess the seller can somehow cancel there bulk ebay purchase and whoever bought those cheap applecares are out of luck? I dont know how true any of it is but be careful.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Holy ****.
    Or don't buy from eBay ... either way. :) eBay is probably the best you'll ever get.

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

If you're buying AppleCare from anywhere but a retailer, price isn't important, anything beats paying 300+ CDN for AppleCare. You should be more concerned with whom you're buying it from.

5. kevzy thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for replies.......What I'm really looking for is whether $180 is a good price to pay off ebay.

Cheers.

6. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

That sounds about on par with AppleCare on eBay.

7. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I purchased AppleCare from ebay for my MacBook Pro a while ago and paid around the same, so I'd say it's a fair price. At the time I shopped around and could not find it for less.

8. bossxii macrumors 68000

$175 us the cheapest I've found over the course of a week. This will be the route I go for sure. There is always buyer protection if they try to jack with you, which I doubt the guy I spoke with via emails will. 3700+ 100% Positive feedback, doubt he's looking to jack up his rep over 175 bucks.

9. kevzy thread starter macrumors member

10. simonpickard macrumors regular

Is applecare a world wide thing? What I mean is, is it the same no matter where you buy it from?

I'm in Sydney. This will would fine also if I buy it from ebay.com.au?

Regards,
    Simon

11. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

AppleCare is AppleCare there is no difference in region.

12. bay2sacto macrumors member

I purchased mine at the end of Jan-begining of Feb for $159 which was the cheapest I found it for at the time. When I was looking a few months earlier the cheapest I saw it for was about $195 so it depends on when you look. I got my code instantly, though the Apple site still reports Tech Tools Deluxe as not fully compatible with Unibody MB/MBPs. Maybe by the end of AppleCare?