MBP as home computer

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tlacenka, Oct 5, 2011.

1. tlacenka macrumors newbie

Hello here, i am just a new switcher, got gamers pc and an LCD. Another thing at my home is MBP late 2010 (13", 2.4C2D, 8GBRAM and some HDD) all i want is to make the MBP as second home computer - i mean gamers pc and MBP connected to 1 LCD.. that is off course possible. But i want something like closed MBP with apple wireless keyboard+touchpad connected to my LCD - is it possible to work with MBP this way ? And i also want to buy a new LCD - what do you think is better ? Dell or EIZO ?
    Thanks for answers and sorry for my poor english

2. mst0192 macrumors member

1) yes, its possible. take a look at hengedocks.
    2) eizo, but a good dell should be sufficient in most cases

3. Mojo1 macrumors 65816

Take a look at NEC monitors. They are priced between the Dell and Eizo options and are a very good deal for the money.

4. rev.b macrumors regular

rev.b

I use my '10 15" MBP as my main computer.

Rain Design mstand, usb mac numeric keyboard, magic mouse, and dual monitor with a Dell UltraSharp U2711 connected with a MDP to displayport cable.

I have a gaming PC also (seldom used) connected through a dual-link DVI cable.

The U2711 is an awesome monitor, as you can see on reviews, and it recently had a huge price drop. It's actually the same panel apple uses on its cinema/thunderbolt 27" displays, but without the gloss and with CCFL back lighting.

Beware of the tiny pixel dimensions, though.