MBP Audio Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Browzilla, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Browzilla macrumors member

As of recently, my 2.2 MBP's had some odd issues with the audio. While running, it makes these soft little clicking noises. Also, it will start "skipping" whatever audio is playing, iTunes, streaming videos, whatever it might be.
    Also, sometimes, with earphones, it will sporadically switch between playing through the speakers and the earphones, even though the earphones are fully in the port.

Lastly, this leads me to believe that it may be a hardware issue, but this occurs both in Leopard as well as Boot Camp in XP.

Anyone experienced this, know what's wrong, or just have some general advice? I'd take it to an Apple Store, but the nearest one is about two hours away, and I literally have no time to spare until April, earliest.

2. zepharus macrumors 6502a

zepharus

Good luck with that bro.. My first MBP purchased in June 07 was the 2.2 model. It worked fine for a month then had these EXACT same issues with sound. At first i tried to live with them, but then decided it was way way way too annoying.

I took it into the Apple store where I purchased it and it would not duplicate the issue (It was random). I then got pissed, took it home where it immediately did it again. I left it running and rushed back to the store. They heard it and put it in for a Logic board replacement. I got it back after a week and we fired it up in store listened a while and it sounded great.

I get home listen for about an hour and BAM, it does the SAME THING! So I go back and this time tell the tech its obviously not the logicboard, and I would like a replacement. He then tries to tell me it must be all my 3rd party apps ! I said look boot off your external Hd for testing and youll see its not my apps... I left it with them and literally and hour later (as Im writing steve Jobs a letter mind you) They called and said it still did it from their external drive, and offered a replacement.

The new one was perfect in every way.... Moral of the story is get it replaced PRONTO

3. Browzilla thread starter macrumors member

I can get it to happen pretty consistently. I guess I'll have to find time after Spring Break to head up to the Apple Store. Thank God it's still under warranty.

4. Browzilla thread starter macrumors member

A quick update: I now can't get any sound from the speakers. Ever. I'll have to try restarting, but I don't think it'll help.

Sounds like I need to take it in, I'd assume?

5. Grayfox215th macrumors newbie

I've just recently came across this issue and from what I've read, it's an issue with Windows XP & the drivers in SP2 if you run Bootcamp or Parallel.

A weird trick to getting the audio to work without issues is to turn off Airport. I know, completely odd but it works for me and for others.

Try that. But I suggest to stay away from Windows all together. :-/ I loved having both but in the end, I really dont need Windows.

6. langis.elbasunu macrumors regular

langis.elbasunu

having the same issue

this is happening to me and I am not running windows. Turn airport off and its fine!! But it sure spoils the surfing experience when every bit of audio skips like crazy. VLC, youtube, itunes, QT all of these. Anyone have a fix?