MBP audio producers UNITE!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SomeGuyDude, Mar 21, 2011.

1. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

I bought this thing solely so I could easily work with my Presonus FP10 (I'm a drummer with a mini-studio in my attic). Wondering where the rest of my audio-production brethren are, maybe any tips or tricks you could pass along?

I've worked with Cubase/Reaper/Ardour in the past, so I know my way around a DAW, just curious if there are any little tidbits that don't usually come up in FAQs and guides!
    :cool:

2. eaf7s macrumors regular

3. SomeGuyDude thread starter macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

Is Logic worth the money? Like I said, I have GarageBand, but if Logic is really that good, I'll spring for it.

4. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

5. eaf7s macrumors regular

a
    Logic is worth the money for me because my boyfriend works for Apple. It's a considerable markdown in price. To me, I don't use many of the sound packs etc.--more of a ground-up artist--but it's the interface and easy integration with OSX that make it my default choice. And while, when I have the choice, I will ALWAYS mic amps, in my experience the built-in amp & pedalboard simulators have more warmth and realism than the other programs I've tested.

But as I said, I moved into Logic because I could get it for a great price. Paying the full $500? Now there, I'm not so sure...

6. SomeGuyDude thread starter macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

Hmm. Well, a friend of mine runs it as I just discovered, so maybe I'll take it for a test run. I mean, $15 for GarageBand versus $499 for Logic Studio IS a bit of a hop in price...

7. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Try Logic Express, its substantially cheaper than Logic Studio.

8. grazykid macrumors newbie

Maybe u can find a friend thats a uni student/tutor and get it a lot cheaper..?:)