MBP Avalibility sucks :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NStocks, Oct 28, 2008.

1. NStocks macrumors 65816

I have being ringing 4 different Apple stores for the past 10 days, about the new base model Macbook Pro. Having rung up on monday to a store 3 hours away they said definetley ring again today, so I did and still no luck. My closest store ( 1hr 30mins away ), I was on the phone for 19 minutes before I even spoke to apple store staff ( human ) ! This is really really bad, what is the point of bringing out a new product if none of the retail stores, which Steve Jobs even said himself is there biggest selling point for mac's, especially ' switchers' .

I'm really annoyed I've being getting excited for this since last Friday, hoping that they would be instock for today at least, when all they have is the pricey ones, the guy on the phone put me on hold as they just got a deliverey... 8 of the top-end MBP ( late 2008 ), EIGHT what is the point ?

I'm going to ring again tomorrow and if they still have none in stock, I may not get one at all or wait 12 days for a delivery direct from the warehouse.

Has anybody has luck with getting the base model MBP, in either Meadowhall, Manchester both Arndale or Trafford Centre, or Milton Keynes, apparantley they have not had them since last monday

:mad: Just to get it off my chest :p, I expected more from Apple, and this isn't looking good since this will be my first Mac... now I know why people get PC's :eek:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you had ordered one directly from Apple, you'd be using it by now. :rolleyes:

3. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

haha doubt it, and I didnt start to ring until the Friday ( 17th ), and I thought I would have had more chance of getting something discounted ( I'm a student ), and I wanted to look at the other Apple stuff, since I hav'nt being the a Apple store in over a year...

... even so, thye should still have them in stock

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

First, it's useless to gripe about whatever inventory a particular store has. They have what they have. Complaining about it here won't get you one faster.
    Second, you can get a student discount by ordering online.
    Third, if you search the forums, you'll find dozens of new MBP owners who ordered them and received them within a week or so.

5. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

hmmm, no it won't get me one any faster, but people who has got one from the listed stores, or who are trying to get one may have some info which I do not. I already know I can get 6% student discount online, which is rubbish compared to the 11 or 12 % instore discount, not to mention the huge chunk knocked off Applecare.
    And I will not recieve one within a week, I have being talking to online seller via apple.com/uk. and they said it takes upto 5 days to process the roder, then a further 7 days for delivery, which put me right off. Unless you're telling me that If i order one today I will recieve it by next wendesday ( friday if busines days ).

If you live in the US you will get it within a week, the Us store says ships in 1-3 days, the UK says 7 BUSINESS days.

6. bluethru macrumors newbie

bluethru

I'm on a waiting list at the Trafford Centre for the base MBP. They don't know when they will be getting a new delivery apparently. I also phoned Meadowhall and same exact same there. Keep the faith, it'll come soon!!

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

FYI, you can order online and get AppleCare on the new MBP for £197, with an education discount.

Attached Files:

8. bluethru macrumors newbie

bluethru

I'm in the exact same boat as NStocks; I can get a bigger education discount in the stores and the delivery from online in the UK is 7 business days

9. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

I am sorry, I did'nt know this, but I can't imagine it working ( for me anyway, nothing every goes right ). But take a typical situation, a person walks past a Apple store, ans sees posters and all sorts advertising the new MBP, he goes in and play with it. He really likes it and want to pay for no more than £1500.00 for one, they will tell they are out of stock, so he will ask when they are getting more in, the staff will say " don't know ", which I belive they don't actually know. But IMO this is stupid, it's making me wonder is Apple are doint this on purpose, because of the iPod rebate. even though you can order online, but let's face it, more people would rather go instore to pick one up.

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

7 days is still faster than...
    Ordering AppleCare with an education discount does work. I've done it, as have countless others. Also, you can get the iPod rebate by ordering online, as well.

11. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

It makes perfect sense to me that they would fill the online orders first and send only a few to each store. The online orders are already sold where the ones in the stores are not sold and may end up sitting in the storage room for a few days.

12. bluethru macrumors newbie

bluethru

Very true, but I think I'd still rather go to a store and actually try it out and double check that everything works first, I'm not ususally very lucky with technology!! I can see your arguement though.

13. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

14. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's actually 8% discount on the MBP and 17% discount on AppleCare, for an overall 9.5% discount.

15. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

As opposed to 11 or 12 % instore and Applecare for between £50 and £100, I already know that Applecare for iMac is £50. And the hassle of delivery, if someone is not in then you have to go and collect etc.

If tomorrow still beings no luck they I will have no choice but to order online or telesales and wait ( again )

16. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

The guy is trying to help you and you keep contradicting him. Stop whining and wait for the store to get it :rolleyes:.

Whining on tha internetz won't give it to you any faster!

17. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

I know it won't get here any faster, but plenty of other people complain about things, much more petty than my situation. I'm simply stating my reasons why I have not ordered online, that is my last resort but I need to get one be firday, either in hand or ordered.

18. mladenz macrumors regular

ordered mine 3 days ago, it will arive between 14 and 17 NOVEMBER, aint that sum.

19. thirtytwopaths macrumors member

@Nsocks

stop to think that even though they are low on stock, this is TYPICAL Apple supply and demand control. They know they can sell a ******** of these things in the first months after release and they are excellent at building hype. I mean look at you, you are so desperate to get one that you wont even order online since you HAVE to have it now. Now you go online and post about not being able to get one which makes other people that are on the edge rush out to buy so that they might get their hands on this illusive item. Its all marketing my friend, get used to it.