MBP BackPack Recommendation

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jamin., Mar 2, 2008.

1. jamin. macrumors regular

Today, I went into my local Apple Reseller and brought an STM Backpack, the Medium Evolution and the MBP 15" Sleeve.

http://www.stmbags.com/medium-evolution-specifications.php

They are both amazing. The backpack has plenty of spaces to fit extra things like your I-Pod, Keyboard, Mouse, EXHD, Power Cable, T.V and Double Bed. Well maybe not the last two but its still amazing ;)

It is waterproof and very padded.

I paid $150AU for the Backpack and $50AU for the sleeve. Yes it is quite pricey but I think well worth it.

So exciting, My MBP hasn't arrived yet but I am all ready for it. New Mouse, Keyboard and Protection from Apple.

Jamin

2. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I have the same backpack and I like it expect the laptop space is a little small. My MBP fits in it but it is a tight fit.

3. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

4. jamin. thread starter macrumors regular

Better tight then too loose..wouldn't you think?

5. mashinhead macrumors 68020

i have the STM sports 1. I bought it at the last minute for a trip about 2-3 years ago right before going to the airport. And I LOVE it. I have had tons of messenger bags, computer sleeves, and stuff over the years but this is the only one that has stayed. It's not the sexiest thing it the world but there is just something about those stm bags that's great. I recommend them to everyone.

6. Viper2005 macrumors 6502

Viper2005

I highly recommend the Booq Mamba Pack for the 15" MBP. Along with the Vyper sleeve, they fit into the Mamba pack perfectly.

7. scott9s macrumors member

Does anyone have a Booq Boa slimcase ? What do you all think if you do?

8. mashinhead macrumors 68020

that actually looks really nice, but i think its too expensive. i'm trying to find a good price on that.

9. sadilak macrumors member

I have the Tom Bihn Backpack. It is by far the best one out there (my opinion of course)

10. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

11. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Well it is a nice padded section but if I don't get my MBP in all the way to the bottom it's practically impossible to close. I'm just saying it should be a little bit bigger, so it's easy to get a laptop in and close the flap.

12. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

I want this one:

[​IMG]

Link

Because I want to be able to carry my Canon D400 SLR around too.

Just can't quite afford it at the mo... back to counting pennies after the MBP purchase lol