MBP bag-case-sleeve-etc

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kc2dpt, Aug 10, 2007.

1. kc2dpt macrumors newbie

OK, I think I've narrowed in on what I'm looking for in a bag:

+ Waterproof enough to be caught in the rain (neoprene?)
    + Some padding to absorb minor bumps
    + Super slim (like a sleeve)
    + Handles (not like a sleeve)
    + Place to put the power supply is a plus
    + Can use the lappy without removing it from the case
    + Can use the lappy on my lap without getting burned

This laptop portfolio by Built NY has lots of what I'm looking for but you can't use the lappy without completely removing it from the case. If that zipper went all they down the sides...

Anyway, any suggestions out there? Thanks in advance. :)

Oh, and I love love love my new lappy!:D

2. galstaph macrumors 6502a

galstaph

any particular size of laptop? I have a neoprene sleeve for my ibook and it is great for protection in transport (in a laptop bag), but you do have to take it out to use it. Mine is made by marware they may have something down your alley:D

3. kc2dpt thread starter macrumors newbie

MBP 15"

I've looked at marware products. They meet some of my needs but not others. Thanks for the suggestion, though. :)

For the record, I've gotten myself the Speck plastic shell thingy. This doesn't meet any of my transport needs but keeps the lappy from scratches and water droplets around the house. The wife pointed out how at this particular moment I have more need to protect the lappy around the house than I do outside the house. Eventually though I'll still need a bag.

Oh, and I've made a bag for the time being. I took a leather briefcase I had laying at the back of the closet and packed it with this dense foam I had from puppet making. :D