MBP battery and future

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zalves, Jan 4, 2009.

1. zalves macrumors member

With this new rumor of the MBP 17" getting a Silver-Zinc battery, which for what I've seen is a far more advanced technology then the Lithiom-ion batteries.

Anyone knows if its possible in future to get a Silver-Zinc battery to replace the one in a new unibody MBP?

thanks

2. south8212 macrumors 6502

nobody really knows considering that the battery for the 17 inch is still a rumor. Come back and ask on tuesday then everyone will have a better idea

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

If the roumers are true then believe me there will be manurfacturers already designing possible replacement batteries because not everyone is willing to be ripped off by Apples replacement prices, not to mention service cost just to unscrew the case. The best place to look will be ifixit.com as they've got the dissasembly instructions and all replacment parts for most Apple laptops within a few days of it being released.

4. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

Batteries made from silver would cost massively more than lithium.

It'd be like a Gold-Diamond battery. (yes I am aware both elements are inert)

5. tsvb macrumors 6502

I would love to see Apple adopt these new batteries. If I get much better battery life I would definitely be willing to shell out the extra bucks!

6. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony