Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

z3phon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
I got my first Macbook pro and loving it but I was in the process of calibrating the battery and I had a power outage so my charging was interrupted for a while, I didn't use the laptop or turn it on during this stage.
This happened while I was at the 6th (last) stage of calibrating.

4. At this point, save your work. Continue to use your computer; when the battery gets very low, the computer will automatically go to sleep.

5. Turn off the computer or allow it to sleep for five hours or more.

6. Connect the power adapter and leave it connected until the battery is fully charged again.

Does the interruption at this stage have any negative effect, should I calibrate it again or am I just being paranoid and not worry about it?

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
Even if it had a negative effect there's nothing you could have done about it. You can calibrate your battery whenever you want- only the people that are convinced it makes a difference to squeeze that extra percentage out of their battery follow the calibration instructions religiously anyways.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.