MBP Battery Calibration?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chuckm1020, Mar 21, 2010.

1. chuckm1020 macrumors regular

So I just got my macbook pro yesterday 2.8ghz. quick question. I just read up on the battery calibration process on apples website. seems straight forward. just one question. after i let the battery drain and let it go into sleep mode, then wait 5+ hours, then charge it to full. can i use the computer when i start charging it to full? or does it have to be off while im charging it to 100%? thanks :)

2. Esquare macrumors member

Yes.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Yes, you can use it while it charges.

Also MRoogle is a good tool to search these forums, and it would have answered your question.

4. Dooger macrumors 6502

Actually, in this case you're wrong. As the OP said, apple's calibration info does not specify whether you should or shouldn't use your MB during the last stage of calibration. I was looking for clarification on Mroogle recently and couldn't find any.

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Sorry, should have said Mac Help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Dooger macrumors 6502

Nice find spinnerlys, it's weird that although they've specified this point in mac help they didn't bother on the apple website http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1490

Anyway, all clear now. Cheers

7. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I agree, not even in the MBP Help Guides, that come with the MBPs or are downloadable on support.apple.com, is it mentioned.

But I can remember, that I have seen it written down somewhere besides the Help menu.

8. chuckm1020 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh wow very nice find hahahah. Thanks alot guys! Yah i did some searching and never found the answer on multiple forums and websites. and the answer was on my computer the whole time. :p