Mbp battery charge leak when connected?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SchneiderMan, Dec 18, 2008.

1. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

My new unibody mbp is connected to the power with a green light all day and reaches full charge 100% but then goes down after an hour to 99%-97-96 and now its on 95% after 1 day that it was connected to power and it says "battery not charging. what wrong here? anyone have this too? thanks

2. itisme1760 macrumors 6502

It's suppose to do that. It's the trickling charge feature that Apple has to prevent your battery from "overcharging", so it is fine to leave your AC plugged in for a long time, even though it's charged. It will keep on going from 100% to 95% to 100% back and forth, no need to worry about that.

Seems like not many people know about Lithium Ion Batteries. From around 20% to 80% the charge goes ZOOOM. But after 80% it charges really really slow.

3. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

4. itisme1760 macrumors 6502

Don't worry about it, mine's currently at 97% and is saying Not Charging. Don't worry.

5. jlocalled macrumors member

jlocalled

it will charge once it goes under 95%

if not, then theres problems

6. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

its just stuck on 95% now all the time, it never goes under

7. jlocalled macrumors member

jlocalled

then unplug it, use it for a while, and then charge it. it should go back to 100% after charged.

8. mimolette macrumors newbie

I was using my Mbp the night before (12am ish - 2am ish) and charging it at the same time. I continue browsing using the energy off the AC power despite that the battery is in its fullest already.

I totally switched it off after about 2-3 hours of usage (with battery life still 98-100%) and was about to use it the next evening (9pm) but the battery life was already like 40-30% !!! nobody was using it in between this period of time (almost within a day).

What's wrong?

And btw, I'm always curious if battery leakage can be caused by plugging the adapter to the socket WITHOUT plugging it to the laptop. So the adapter is just leave hanging with the socket switched on.

Also, is it recommended to remove the battery if AC power is being used instead?So as to avoid battery damage (?) :S

Anyone?

9. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1909

+1

10. EMKarelia macrumors regular

EMKarelia

Same here with mine. It says its charged on 96% all the time. But when i take out the charger and up it back in it says 100% and goes back down to 96% : (