Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djinn

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
Not to start up the Battery threads again but I find it weird that my battery health is going down 10% a day. Its at 67%, yesterday was at 77%, and day before 87%. Battery is a year and a month old. I think its starting to see the light! :(

Nanaki

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2007
I've come out of lurking to tell you that I took my MBP into the genius bar yesterday in San Diego and told them how my battery was at 65% after maybe a year or less. They looked it up, and told me that I was qualified for a replacement. That was it. Piece of cake. I freaking love the genius bar.

Full disclosure: This was my 2nd battery replacement. The first one up and died completely last year. The CD MBP would only work when plugged in. That replacement was free, too. Also, got a free CD/DVD superdrive replacement back in, maybe October or November. The genius bar is the most genius idea ever. :)

djinn

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
I guess I can try to go to them. Even though its after a year. Just seems kind of weird after one year it starts going down fast.

goodtimes5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2004
Bay Area
I went to a Genius Bar and showed them my 14 month old MBP battery that could only hold a 28% max charge. They said this was normal and wouldn't give me a replacement until I showed them Apple support websites that stated this wasn't normal.

djinn

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
I just did a test, unplugged my power and set the laptop to Better Battery. 99% is reported. Lost a % every 30 secs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.