mbp battery is terrible

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by giantdave, Nov 28, 2007.

1. giantdave macrumors member

ok, so i've had my 15" mac book pro for a little over a year now, and they battery is totaly useless. when i first got it, it would last a little over a class and a half, so a little over an hour. now, it wont even last 10 minutes. i would understand it wearin down over time....but down to under 10 minutes in a year? thats just terrible. and before when the battery ran down, it would just need plugged in and it would come out of sleep mode, and everyhting that was open would still be open. now it shuts totally down and i have to restart it. has this happened to anyone else? does this sound normal or is there something wrong?

2. Megatron macrumors regular

It sounds like your particular macbook pro battery is defective. I'd take it in to apple and see if they'll replace it.

It's kind of inaccurate to say "macbook pro battery terrible" when most people get 4+ hours on their mbps.

3. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

My MacBook gets 6+ with everything turned off. Other people I know get 5+ on their MacBook Pros.

This is with Airport and Bluetooth turned off, the screen down to the last bar, and processors turned down.

It sounds like your battery is defective.

Check This out.

4. giantdave thread starter macrumors member

i guess its more that MY mbp battery sucks.

thanks, i installed that thing and i guess ill see how it goes.