MBP Battery is this normal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jdaniel, Jun 22, 2011.

1. jdaniel macrumors 65816

I am not too concerned about how long battery lasts because these things are subjective hard to say unless its really bad.

I have coconut battery and notice it says my capacity is at 90% of what it is supposed to be, my mac is 8mths old is this normal?

Attached Files:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, it's normal. Your battery capacity (health) will fluctuate up and down over time. Calibrate your battery to make sure your readings are accurate. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

Great thanks !

4. Tydog07 macrumors 6502

I already read the link but...

I already read all those links but when I went into the Apple store the other day, I asked the guy about charging and he said that I should only charge the battery when it is almost fully discharged and not at any time I feel like it. I know that you and the link states that they have no memory and charging at 50% is the same as charging when it's at 10%. Can you verify that for me one more time? And is there anyway to prolong battery lifespan and performance?

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The guy was completely wrong. Remember "Genius" is only their job title and not an indication of their intelligence, knowledge or experience. What's stated in the Battery FAQ is accurate. Read the FAQ for information on how to prolong your battery's life.