MBP battery issue, maybe.......

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Risapiker, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Risapiker macrumors newbie

I have to preface this post with the following statement:
    I just took delivery of my long awaited new MBP on Wednesday.
    I am replacing a previous gen (before the track pad) that I dropped in January.
    It fell 6ft to the hardwood floor, and landed on the left front side right where the HD is. It managed to hang in there till July. I think that in and of itself is pretty amazing!

I LOVE this MBP, I mean ADORE it. However, I am having some significant battery issues. My friend, also is reporting the same battery times. We share a few things in common, and I am wondering if the issue may lay there, as opposed to the machine itself, or the battery.

Both of us restored from time capsule, and the restore was from a Blackbook. (I had to use something while I waited) We run the same apps for work, etc.

So right out of the box, charged, got about 2.5 hours. I then checked my settings, dimmed the brightness, turned off bluetooth, and charged overnight. I turned it on today and immediately checked my estimated usage, it said approx 3:45 min. I used it very lightly, web browsing, email, and iChat. I got about 2 hours.

I drained again, and am letting it charge, to see if a few cycles will solve it.
    Again, I am not convinced it it the machine, or battery. I am looking for insight, to see if anybody might know what could be going on. It may seem a little out there, but I wonder if it is coming from my time machine back up, and bringing over settings from a Blackbook. Since my friend is having the same issue.

I searched the board last night, and did not really see anything, that looked like my battery issue.

This is CTO, I so don't want to return, and wait for a replacement. I know I am missing something.
    Any ideas from anybody?

MBP unibody 15in 2.53 320gb, 7200 RPM

2. consumedsoul macrumors regular

Seems universal, most users and reviews are indicating worse battery life unfortunately. :( The charger will go with me wherever I go sadly.

Best case scenario, Apple releases a higher-capacity battery down the road and replaces all the initial purchasers at no cost. :) Yeah right...

3. eddyhttp macrumors regular

I have the same configuration as you. I am so dissapointed with the battery life and my bent lid cover. I keep my settings at only 3 clicks of light and everything off except the wifi. the battery charge falls 1% like every 2 mins. way too fast.

I guess I won't be able to take this computer to class.