MBP battery issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Umscheidt, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Umscheidt macrumors newbie

I have a 2.4 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 15 inch Macbook Pro. I bought my MBP in august of 2007. My battery life is so short now. It has been through 111 cycles and only has 62% left of its initial 5,500 mAH. I know this using the app Batter health monitor. Should i contact apple care or is this normal. I rarely if ever turn it off, I usually just put it to sleep. I don't use a lot of heavy programs that would bog down the machine, I mostly use it for itunes, surfing the internet and writing papers. I feel like i cant take it anywhere with out bring my power cord to charge it. Is this a problem or is this normal?

Also if i watch a video like on youtube my fan speeds crank up and wont really slow down unless i restart. Also i notice certain things are slower like holding down the delete key to rapidly delete text. I have the delay between key strokes set as short as possible yet after watching a short movie it slows down. Again the only thing i can do to fix it is to restart. Any suggestions?

2. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Im pretty sure thats within the replacement time, i think its Battery Health lower than 80% and less than 300 Cycles.