mbp battery issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mayoko185, Feb 28, 2008.

1. mayoko185 macrumors member

So last night I thought it would be nice to sit in the kitchen a bit (on battery power) and read the news while watching the snow fall. However after a few min my screen went blank and the machine was powerless and would not turn back on. I plugged it in and it said the battery was completely drained (I was only had it on bat power for about 20 min before it shut off with no warning. Also now coconut battery is reporting my max charge 1012mAh where as a month ago I had the full 5500mAh. Any ideas?

EDIT: also should I call apple care or will they tell me its normal? and shouldn't it warn me first before just powering off? Also added ss of coconut batery after reboot

Attached Files:

2. skiffx macrumors 6502a

Many people on the forum believe coconutbattery is inaccurate, and what you need to do is to calibrate your battery, drain it completely, leave it for 5 hours and then fully charge, and then use anything but coconut to see the stats on the battery.

3. mayoko185 thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the reply. Im going to calibrate the battery tonight (heres hoping that will magically fix the issue). What other programs are there to view battery info? thx