MBP Battery Life

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jutiger, Sep 30, 2009.

1. jutiger macrumors newbie

Do you guys really get 7 hrs of usage on the MBP's battery? I don't seem to get that? I was just using it for surfing the net, checking email and watching some videos on youtube. I am on energy saver so it shouldn't use too much juice but the battery on last about 3hrs or slightly more. Is there something wrong with my MBP's battery. Just got it for 2 weeks.

2. JeddaHost macrumors newbie

Same here on a new MBP 13-inch, i tried calibrating it few times but the same thing

maximum usage is about 4:30 hours

my usage is:
    Email, Safari, iTunes, and some times QuickTime !

3. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

4. DivineEvil macrumors regular

I used to get about 6-7 hrs. with Leopard on everything dimmed, brightness on the lowest settings, backlid off. Now with SL on the same settings I get about 4-5 hrs... Apple should fix this.

5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Maybe when your using the least amount of power possible. But usually not with regular use.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

There's your problem.

7. morrisman1 macrumors 6502

i dont have a 7-hour battery, ive got the pre-pro unibody macbook with the normal battery and i can achieve about 4.5 hours of normal use just browsing the net, documents etc on wifi. Sounds like you are using it heavier than what apple did when they test them. I think apple runs a loop of commands and has the brightness set to 50% and wifi on.