MBP Battery Life

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tongrd, Nov 30, 2009.

1. tongrd macrumors newbie

Apple claim that their 'new batteries' on the 13, 15, and 17 inch MBPs all have up to 1000 charges before they are reduced to 80% capacity, http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/battery/, but is this really true?

Personally I have bought a new 17 inch MBP, and have iStat which shows my battery health fluctuating between 93% - 100%. I have only had 10 charge cycles, and the MBP is only 2 or 3 weeks old, and I've recently calibrated it, changing the health from 93% back up to 99%. However, at this rate I'd be way past the 80% capacity by 1000 charges!!! What's the deal with this?:confused: Do the batteries really retain 80% capacity for 1000 charges, because that should mean i'm still on 100%!

Will Apple exchange my MBP battery if it falls below 80% after, say, 100 - 300 charges?

2. Alan Menhennet macrumors newbie

I've had almost the same problem, my MBP must be nearly a month old now. When I got it the health via iStat was 98%, and within a week dropped to 92-94%, needless to say I was annoyed. I went to Apple Dealer I got it from, they checked it and said it was fine, I also took it to a Genius with the same response.

Since the initial drop in health its leveled out, and fluctuates around the 92-94% mark.