MBP Battery Not Available and 1 led indicator Help Please

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alexg2718, Jun 28, 2015.

1. alexg2718 macrumors newbie

So guys as the title suggests my Macbook pro mid-2012 13" shows the battery as not available and the battery indicator on the side shows the 3rd led solid green just one led! I have no idea why my battery died and why 1 led is solid green. I ran the Apple Hardware test and got back nothing. I am currently running an extended test to see if I get anything. If only someone could tell me what the battery indicator means when 1 led is lit I would extremely appreciate it. I have opened the macbook and disconnected the battery connector which shuts of the led but as soon as I reconnect the connector the led comes back on. If you guys could help I would truly appreciate it and thank you in advance. 20150628_181232.jpg

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'd be taking your Mac to the nearest Apple Store.

3. MushroomMan macrumors member

MushroomMan

+1

4. W123a macrumors newbie

Apple might reseat it etc for you and see if it helps. Probably just a dead battery. FWIW the anker batteries on amazon are decent quality. almost apple performance.

5. alexg2718 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies guys. I have an appointment today at the genius bar hopefully it won't be a costly repair