MBP Battery Not Available and 1 led indicator Help Please

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alexg2718, Jun 28, 2015.

1. alexg2718 macrumors newbie

Jun 28, 2015
    So guys as the title suggests my Macbook pro mid-2012 13" shows the battery as not available and the battery indicator on the side shows the 3rd led solid green just one led! I have no idea why my battery died and why 1 led is solid green. I ran the Apple Hardware test and got back nothing. I am currently running an extended test to see if I get anything. If only someone could tell me what the battery indicator means when 1 led is lit I would extremely appreciate it. I have opened the macbook and disconnected the battery connector which shuts of the led but as soon as I reconnect the connector the led comes back on. If you guys could help I would truly appreciate it and thank you in advance. 20150628_181232.jpg
  2. T5BRICK macrumors G3

Aug 3, 2006
    I'd be taking your Mac to the nearest Apple Store.
  3. MushroomMan macrumors member

May 31, 2015
  4. W123a macrumors newbie

May 15, 2015
    Apple might reseat it etc for you and see if it helps. Probably just a dead battery. FWIW the anker batteries on amazon are decent quality. almost apple performance.
  5. alexg2718 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 28, 2015
    Thanks for the replies guys. I have an appointment today at the genius bar hopefully it won't be a costly repair