MBP Battery not charging past 99%

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sdao, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Sdao macrumors 6502

Im plugged in with my screen brightness only half way, no sound, just using safari and a few widgets + wireless internet and my MBP wont charge past 99%

iStat pro is saying the battery health is at 98%, which makes sense, this laptop is less than a week old...

anybody have any suggestions as to why it wont hit 100?

2. KristieMac macrumors 6502a

KristieMac

3. Sdao thread starter macrumors 6502

thank you...

that's actually pretty interesting, makes sense now that I think about it...

I think every question I've had about this new MBP has been answered with... "oh, yeah... its something apple does to ensure your laptop is staying healthy"

4. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

99% or 100%.... is there really a Difference!!???

I am pretty sure there will be No Panic unless you are down way more than 1%!! Lets allow for a Bit of Mechanical Error Please!! Somewhat like your Speedometer in a car; or any # of Clocks/ metering Devices, etc, etc....

It may well fix itself if you do the Apple "calibration"; if not....??

5. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Your battery won't charge if it was below 95% when you plugged it in.

Your 98% health reading means that your battery has lost 2% of its maximum charge. This will gradually go down over time, don't worry about it. Even mine, which is four weeks old, has only 98% health.

6. KristieMac macrumors 6502a

KristieMac

No problem. :)

Mine have all been answered with... "it's supposed to do that" or "it's user error". Not too much of the latter, thankfully.

7. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

as long as your machine is holding a good charge I wouldn't worry...

8. danerz macrumors newbie

my SR MBP is only 5 days old and the battery health is 96% Should i be worried about this????

9. G-Force macrumors 6502a

It won't even go to 100% after say.. an hour? My MacBook hangs on 99% for about 30 minutes before it says 100%.

10. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Really? My old 2nd gen MBP always charged to 100% and I had that for half a year.

11. Sdao thread starter macrumors 6502

I shut the MBP down last night and let it charge over night, ill update this thread once I get home... but apparently it wont charge to 100 so it maintains some of its battery health

12. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Are you sure that the battery was 95% or above when you plugged it in? Even so, this could be a newer feature.

13. weckart macrumors 68040

Mine on my MBP SR was down to 71% after a month and somehow registered 17 charge cycles, although in reality it was more like 5 or 6 at most.

Apple replaced it (week 23 computer) and said that there had been issues with a battery manufacturer on some of the early models. My new battery is at 99% capacity and charge (5467 and 5444 mAh respectively) after charging from 2 dots to full. My Macbook still shows 100% after two months. My old iBook was showing 100% after over a year and a half and was over 100 charge cycles.