MBP Battery Prices

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bate8473, May 10, 2009.

1. bate8473 macrumors newbie

So i remember posting about my mbp 15" laptop battery a few months ago and cant find the thread anymore.

I remember someone saying that they could provide me with the link and all that. I cant give any information of the system diagnostics of my mbp because it will not turn on.

but does anyone have information on a link they can provide with cheap mbp 15" batteries

As well as an estimate of a mbp 15" battery?

thank you all!!!

2. UniPro macrumors regular

UniPro

Others may disagree but personally I'd try eBay, you can find some good deals on there. Just practice good researching skills before you buy and you'll be fine.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

They're $120 on Amazon, try to get it for lower than that and you'll be fine. Just make sure you buy an Apple battery- I wouldn't trust other brands.

4. bate8473 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. bate8473 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah so I called Apple today, they gave me the youre no longer covered under AppleCare, the laptop is 2 yrs old, and the battery is 2 yrs old; you need to replace it.

It doesnt matter than I have been experiencing 8 minute battery life cycles for over a year and a half, and now that it doesnt work at all I'm screwed.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Oops. Guess you should have told them about it a year and a half ago.

7. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Yah no joke, this is where everybody says duh! Thats like saying- i know my car warranty ran out 50,000 miles ago but its been making this noise the whole time. Im sure the guy at apple shook his head just like i did when i read this.

8. marina330 macrumors newbie

Cheapest online store for laptop batteries

I've got an AC Adapter from an online store named sunvalleytek last week, it's very cheap. Seems it offers batteries too. Most of the batteries are less then $50.

[​IMG]

9. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    I just bought a new MBP 15in battery several weeks ago from ebay. I took a big risk as the seller was in Hong Kong - but he had lots of feedback, most good, but a few bad ones..

Turned out to be amazing - great to have 3hr + battery life again. Cost was around 50 dollars..

10. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

Hey, could you give the seller name and maybe a link to the purchase??? thks.

11. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

12. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

13. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I would be cautious when purchasing third party batteries from otherwise than reputable companies—FastMac and OWC both offer excellent third-party batteries; they are not much cheaper than the OEM option, but they do offer higher capacity, excellent quality, and they stand behind the products they sell.

14. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

I'm a student so I got my battery today for $116 from the Apple Store!

15. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

Thread necro :eek:

Yeah it's best to be cautious.. but a year later that battery I bought from the HK seller is still going pretty good. I'm getting 2hr with Photoshop up but idle, which is decent for an old MBP and a budget battery from a random seller..