MBP Battery Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ecks618, Nov 3, 2007.

1. ecks618 macrumors 6502

ecks618

Heres my problem, My power brick that plugs into the outlet cracked out, I might have dropped it, but I don't remember but It screwed up my battery pretty badly ( Was turning off randomly at 30% and was working fine at 0% ). I went to apple store and they replaced the battery and charger for me.

I got home and plugged the battery into charge, checked the life and it said 100% on istat and coconut battery. When I woke up the next morning I checked istat and it said battery life 90%???? I restarted the computer checked coconut and it said 92% life. Weird, for a new battery. I went to the apple store again today and showed them that the new battery was 92% life and they replaced it again.

It was showing 100% life all day, I get home today...92% again. Is this a new battery thing or is something wrong with my computer?? This battery thing is starting to piss me off? Anyone have any insight on this matter???

2. rosh325 macrumors regular

I don't know if this applies for a brand new battery, but have you calibrated it yet? I know with my MBP, my battery health will drop randomly from time to time, yet a calibration seems to make istat/coconut battery happy in terms of my battery health