Mbp Battery Question...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Moseslam, May 3, 2008.

1. Moseslam macrumors newbie

Hi all

Just got a refurb 2.2 MBP from Apple and I must say I am haaapppeeee with this thing! And for you gloss vs matte indecisive fence sitters, I got a matte screen and am VERY glad that I did!

My question:

On reading several threads, it seems like there are complaints / concerns about the MBP battery life /health. And after a brief forum search, I did not find information pertaining to maintaining proper health for the MBP battery.

My question is, is there a proper guide to using these batteries to maintain optimal health? For example, when I use the MBP, off charge, should I run it until empty, before charging, or should I always try to plug in and charge whenever possible?

I want to keep my cycles low to keep my battery health in top shape, and I do use it often as a desktop replacement. But the brief trips out of the office when I disconnect it, I wonder, if it is better to run it empty then charge, or charge immediately, or doesn't matter.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Mo

2. MM07 macrumors 6502a

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Use the battery however you need to, just do one thing: At least once a month fully charge the battery, and fully discharge it until computer forces a sleep. Then let it charge full and then you can use it whenever again.