MBP Battery refuses to charge

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Warsteiner, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Warsteiner macrumors member

Hi guys, this thread is probably going to look a little strange in the middle of all the i5 MBP update threads, but I have a bit of a confusing technical problem.

My venerable 2006 Core Duo MBP has just thrown up a problem. I ran the battery down fully this afternoon, and then plugged in the power adaptor. While the MBP continues to operate normally while plugged in, the battery refuses to charge, with the battery status indicator saying "Battery is not charging". CoconutBattery informs me that the current charge held in the battery remains stuck at 0 out of 5098 mAh. It's been like this for a few hours now. I've rebooted the MBP, unplugged the adaptor, plugged it back in, but to no avail.

It would seem likely that the battery itself is at fault, but I find that hard to believe due to the fact that I had only bought it five months ago (to replace the original), and that I have never had a bit of trouble with it till now.

Does anyone here have an idea as to what else might be faulty? Any feedback would be really appreciated.

2. Warsteiner thread starter macrumors member