MBP Battery Status "Not Charging" New in 10.5.2?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by .vin., Feb 16, 2008.

  1. .vin. macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2007
    Location:
    New Jersey
    #1
    My battery is fully charged, and the battery meter says "Not Charging". I've never seen this before... is this something new in 10.5.2?
     

    Attached Files:

  2. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

    lostfan916

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2007
    Location:
    NorCal
    #2
    I've yet to see that, but I also know there is a new one that says "Finishing Charge" so yes, it's new to .2
     
  3. skp574 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2005
    Location:
    greenwich.london.uk
    #3
    It has just appeared on my MBP too. I have never seem it before. I was moving my laptop between rooms at home and plugged it into the power supply and it appeared. I took a look in the power menu and it show that the battery is 95% charged though. So why is it not charging the remaining 5%? The battery is 92% healthy with 132 charge cycles.

    I hope 10.5.2 isn't going to tell me that I'm going to need a new battery soon.
     
  4. .vin. thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2007
    Location:
    New Jersey
    #4
    Wow... now it's back to (Charged). It was 95% charged before, now it's up to 96%. My battery health is terrible though, cause I use it mostly plugged in. I'm at 59% health with 70 cycles, on a 1 year old MBP. I missed my AppleCare registration deadline by a week, so I hope my battery doesn't crap out, or else I'm gonna have to pay the full $129.
     
  5. thefamousgrouse macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2008
    #5
    Help! My MBP also said not charging, and now adapter isn't working?

    Hey - I have a new Penryn MBP (2 days old) and the green charge light is no longer coming on on the magsafe connector, battery is dead, and laptop won't turn on. Is this a defective adapter? How do I troubleshoot? Thanks!
     
  6. darbyclash34 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2007
    #6
    My MBP has done the Finishing Charging thing as well, and just stayed there for about an hour. I don't know what they did with battery management in 10.5.2, but it seems to have been something extensive.
     
  7. 3ncryp73d macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2008
    #7
    I have been having the same problem as you, and I found some others are also. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=357288 . It doesn't look like there is anything wrong with it, but if you want to be sure just get it replaced if you are still under warranty. But bring some photos of the problem because if you are like me, it is random.

    My MBP is also doing the same thing in relation to the (Not Charging) thing,
    [​IMG]
    and as far as I can tell, its just like the MBP is running straight from the wall and not using the battery while plugged in. This only usually happens to me if I leave my MBP charging for an extended period of time after it has finished charging. If anybody has a definite answer that would be much appreciated.

    Xavier
     

Share This Page