MBP battery suddenly not charging

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PkennethV, Jul 23, 2008.

1. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

Aug 16, 2006
    I was wondering why my MBP was off this morning when I plugged it in and left it on last night. I didn't think of much it and just hit the power button again and it started up again. I just thought the the plug must have came loose somehow during the night. I go to take a shower etc. then unplug it to move to a different room. Turns out, it turns off again. This time I've had it plugged in for almost an hour (sitting here using it) and my battery indicator still shows 0% charge. I've checked with Coconut battery too and it also sees 0% (and it's 218 cycles after 21 months). Also, if I press the charge indicator button on the battery, the first light only flickers on. Should I take it in to apple?
  2. tecknical macrumors regular

Jul 23, 2008
    do you still have applecare? just take it to the apple store and see what they say, maybe they'll replace your battery for free
  3. DaveF macrumors 6502a

Aug 29, 2007
    Call AppleCare and explain the problem. This might be the battery charging problem that others (including me) have had. If so, they'll replace the battery free.