MBP Battery Update 1.3 Problems and Weirdness

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CaptainCanuck, Oct 8, 2007.

1. CaptainCanuck macrumors member

Since installing the MBP Battery Update 1.3 a few days ago, I've been having nothing but problems with my battery and now my AC adapter.

After pleasantly finding an increase in my MBP's battery capacity after installing the update, I re-calibrated the battery. While draining the battery, my computer spontaneously shut down at about the 30% mark. I restarted the computer and placed it into sleep mode overnight. I found my MBP still asleep the next morning, nine hours later.

I charged the battery back up and repeated the process again that evening after resetting the SMC. While draining the battery, my MBP again spontaneously shut down, this time at about the 25% mark. I reset the SMC again and put the computer into sleep mode again overnight. Once again, it was still asleep this morning, as I left it for most of the day (about 16 hours).

After charging the battery up again, my AC adapter LED is now flashing between green and orange every few seconds. The battery's capacity has again fallen to 4507 mAh or about 81%.

It seems that the problem lies in either the sensors or the battery's firmware since the battery's cells appear to have a charge even though the MBP doesn't think so.

Has anyone else had these same problems since updating?

Edit: Here's the related thread on Apple Support's Forum.

2. Germacintosh macrumors newbie

I know this is quite old, but I have the same problem with my MB. Did you find a way to solve it yet?

3. macantonio macrumors newbie

macantonio

Same problem here and no solution so far.
    Let's wait for update 1.4 :mad: