MBP Battery will not charge..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by silbeej, Jun 18, 2009.

1. silbeej macrumors 6502a

So i just turned on my MBP for the first time in about a month, and the battery will not charge. I tried resetting the power management, reseating the battery, and still nothing. The charge light just stays green, and in system profiler it says check condition under battery status. Any suggestions for the battery only has 50 cycles on it.

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

At what percentage is it? It's normal if it's at 95% or above.

3. silbeej thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, the battery will not hold anything, it is dead. I thought that it just went dead from not being used in a while, but it won't charge now. I have to run off of AC.

4. aleksandra. macrumors 6502a

Did you leave the battery empty a month ago? If you keep it completely empty it'll lose the remenants of charge in time and fall into deep discharge state, when it won't be able to hold charge anymore. A month is enough for phone's battery to die this way, I don't know about notebooks.

5. silbeej thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't think it was completely dead, but **** man, this sucks.

6. silbeej thread starter macrumors 6502a

Another thing i thought of, we have a junker toshiba laptop that we use only one month a year in florida, and that battery sits dead for 10 months at a time and works fine the next time it's plugged in. THis really is annoying for the battery is basically brand new, and now it doesn't work. The green lights on the bottom don't even function.

7. Thiol macrumors 6502a

Thiol

I had a similar problem on with a Macbook battery once. Just wouldn't charge, don't know why. Applecare took care of it. Are you still under warranty?

8. silbeej thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh god no :rolleyes:

9. silbeej thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok so i plugged the MBP in today and put in the battery, which i took out for the past few days. As soon as i plugged the batt in the green light changed to amber!! Also the green charge light on the battery started flickering. Woo i thought as the battery is now fixed. I then turn on the computer and the charge light goes back to green and the battery is non-responsive just as before. Why would it do this!!! Any thoughts as to why it would start charging but once i turn on the computer it stopped?

10. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Run the application Coconut Battery and check the results. Anything under 50% health means you need to replace your battery.

11. silbeej thread starter macrumors 6502a

I had 95% capacity a month ago with 50 charge cycles. This is when i packed up my laptop to go home from school. I turned on the laptop a week ago for the first time and now it has 0% capacity and will not charge.

12. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

If you had apple care this wouldnt be a problem :rolleyes:

13. silbeej thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well i'll probably just end up getting a new battery, which is less than applecare :D. So i'm still up.