MBP beginners questions!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Manwithnoname, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Manwithnoname macrumors newbie

Hi,

I made a topic before asking your opinions on if I should return my MBP for an iMac, I would like to say thanks for the response and a big thumbs up to this forum - so many of you help so quickly with even silly questions!

I made my mind up, the MBP is the way to go :) I do truly love it and even think it looks better than the iMac (especially looking forward to getting my new flat and having it on the table in an open plan living room lol)
    Loving the screen, just needed to get used to the widescreen and resolution. I've now installed a few games, it was Counter Strike that threw it for me, unbelievable on a this laptop!!!

- Ok so now I'm going to download some PAID for movies! - I was then thinking of playing them on my 32" Samsung TV (the thought of this is exciting and new to me!) So what cable is best for me to get? Am I right in thinking the VGA one would be poorer quality...

- In Windows, playing games, the heat and noise increases a lot. Is this OK?

- Am I playing games to their full potential? I have a 4GB new MBP and just wondered if playing games on Boot Camp is reaching their max spec, as they are oldish games and can be set on high settings.

- I bought a wired Apple mouse for this MBP, but errr the wire is way too short for the laptop...Can't be bothered to sort a refund, but that's damn annoying!

I would like to add, wow...to the trackpad!! - After 4-5 days it's now getting even MORE natural to use than a mouse!! Eh ! ?
    It's so much better when browsing the net to use the trackpad, what a quality innovation from Apple and not just a gimmick. This was one of the big reasons to keep the MBP over getting an iMac, I now put the mouse in a draw out the way (apart from for games).

PS - It's my birthday today!

2. mbp-abby macrumors newbie

Happy Birthday Blondie ... oops ... sorry, manwithnoname ... think I have watched too many Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns lately ... !!! :)

3. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

Get a displayport to DVI adapter and a DVI to HDMI cable (If the tv has HDMI). Note this will only carry the video signal, you will still need to run audio from the headphone port to the TV. You need a mini audio to RCA y cable to do this.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

5. macgrl macrumors 65816

Good choice sticking with the mbp, you can always plug it in to an external monitor and then you get a desk top!

6. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

this is the best way to go. unless your tv has a dvi input. the samsung LN32A750's did/do (they may have been discontinued...AGAIN!!) so if you have that model you dont need the hdmi, but if not its the only way to get a good digital signal.