Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

<MBP Bezel Coating coming off

aoaaron

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Hi, a little part of my bezel/black border semes to have snatched off?

Not a lot but enough to be noticeable.

Can this usually be replaced under warranty? I'm dreading being without it for that much time!

ahmed.waqas

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2016

Can this usually be replaced under warranty? I'm dreading being without it for that much time!

I'm facing with the same issue. you can put a transparent protector to blind it a bit.

You might want to check with Apple clearly it's their fault. They didn't facilitate me though.

It cannot be repaired.

Comment

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013

They should do its a known problem with the anti reflective coating on a small number of retina machines.

Comment

iSheep5S

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2013
Scotland
What year is the MacBook? Was a common complaint. I worry for all retina users including the rMB. I had a 2014 MBP I got rid of. I like the portability thus have an air.

Comment

Fishrrman

macrumors Core
Feb 20, 2009
Take it into an Apple store right away.

They may offer a free display replacement if your MacBook qualifies under "StainGate".

Comment

aoaaron

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Thanks, I'll try to get to one ASAP. It was an early 2015 model so I hope it qualifies.

I'll get my sister to turn it in as she has a high success rate of returns at apple.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.