MBP: Black Friday & Cyber Monday

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brandon8u, Nov 8, 2009.

1. brandon8u macrumors member

Are (black friday) deals going to be on apple.com too?

Also do black Friday discounts work with edu. discount?

Lastly does apple have cyber Monday sales?

2. jaredwaynef macrumors member

From my recollection, no they don't generally do anything crazy on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. The only thing that I remember happening is small discounts on some of the random software or accessories. I don't recall ever seeing a discount on the MB, MBP, iMac, etc. for a holiday sale.
    Other than that, there's been no mention of it from anyone either.

So in short answer form: No. :D

3. cfitz7111 macrumors 6502

Generally discounts are not stackable. If you use the edu store, then that is your discount. If you buy from the refurb store, thats it. Black Friday will be a sale price, and thats it.

4. bmstrong macrumors 6502

Apple runs BF discounts on it's computers? I don't ever recall that happening. I might be wrong, though.

5. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

6. boston44 macrumors 6502

Apple usually discounts 5-15% off computers on BF, online and in store.

7. boston44 macrumors 6502

Oh, I'm not sure on edu pricing stacking, but I think it does. Otherwise, the edu discount would be the same if not more than the BF discount...

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

You cannot combine discounts. These threads are becoming excessive.

9. boston44 macrumors 6502

So if the computer is 10% off, say the $1,199 base MBP, it's $119 off. Edu is $100 off, not much of a sale to me if you're a student.

10. boston44 macrumors 6502

"These threads are becoming excessive"

Agreed, but so are threads on if someone should upgrade or which mac is for them..

11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

You would save an additional dollar. The guide is really the place you should look. While not being the best for students, the sale is unprecedented for Apple, it is the only time that the general population can get a discount directly from Apple on new products.

<merge your posts>

That comment comes because of the guide we have and the fact that it answers almost every one of these questions, and the same ones keep getting asked.

12. boston44 macrumors 6502

My bad, anyways I don't care about the deals, just trying to help the OP out. I think a lot of people get hyped up about BF and buy it just for that, but whatever. Point is, you're never going to get a great deal on apple products. That's just the way it is.

13. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

That statement in itself has problems. It is a good deal for non-students that want to buy from a store. MacMall and SmallDog offer great discounts on Apple products, Black Friday really does provide some serious savings from third-party sources and a decent attempt from Apple. Apple does not offer some of the better deals that can be found at other stores, but it's savings, there is no reason to complain.

14. brandon8u thread starter macrumors member

Is it "actually 10%"? I was thinking about getting a 15% MBP @ $1,699, and that would be a good chunk compared to their $100 student discount.