MBP, BootCamp, and iLife

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Flyncode, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Flyncode macrumors newbie

Hey all. I've been reading these forums for a couple of months, and they've helped a lot. Thanks so much!

My MBP just got here today, and I was thinking about re-installing OS X like some of you have mentioned. However, I only got two install disks in the package, both for the core OS. I don't know if iLife '08 would be re-installed as well. If I wipe out the OS X installation and install again, will it install iLife '08 again as well?

Also, if I install boot camp now and decide to wipe the OS X partition later, will it screw up my Boot Camp partition?

Thanks,
    -Chris

2. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

iLife will be on the install DVD's. When you re-install it all there will be an option to install iLife. I think! I'v never actually installed Mac OS yet hehe!
    Maybe just wait until another member can confirm what I say is true cause I'm not 100% sure

3. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Yup - you can select what you want to install, if you want iLife 08 installed or not, along with a whole other load of options such as extra languages, printer drivers etc.

It is under advanced options or something like that.