Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brigog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Hey guys,

I Just ordered a new MackBook Pro but after thinking im wondering if I should cancel my order and wait for MacWorld 2008 incase they decided to upgrade it. If anyone has an opinion on this please let me know. My main concern is for the Graphics card because I would really like a 512 MB ram. Either way if im spending 4,000 bucks I want the best thing...not whats going to be replaced in a month. Apple said I have a 14 days to return it etc and I shouldnt be getting my new computer till jan 3-9 so I might be ok. Please give me your advice guys.

ErikAndre

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2007
Florida
Hey guys,

I Just ordered a new MackBook Pro but after thinking im wondering if I should cancel my order and wait for MacWorld 2008 incase they decided to upgrade it. If anyone has an opinion on this please let me know. My main concern is for the Graphics card because I would really like a 512 MB ram. Either way if im spending 4,000 bucks I want the best thing...not whats going to be replaced in a month. Apple said I have a 14 days to return it etc and I shouldnt be getting my new computer till jan 3-9 so I might be ok. Please give me your advice guys.
Phew, tough call, especially since you already ordered it. Anything on the MacBook Pro or Mac Pro line I would strongly say wait for... and if Apple does come out with something nice, I can see the flood of people ready to return their recently purchased macs (so you'll get caught in that loop).

If it were me, I would cancel just to avoid any paperwork, shipping, etc... It would be better off waiting for the 15th (which is really just a couple weeks away).

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
The keynote's 18 days off. Does the 14 day exchange period start when you receive it or when you place the order?

I'd cancel it either way... it's not a smart time to be buying a Mac unless you're getting a hefty discount somehow!

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
The keynote's 18 days off. Does the 14 day exchange period start when you receive it or when you place the order?

I'd cancel it either way... it's not a smart time to be buying a Mac unless you're getting a hefty discount somehow!

I agree... I would cancel it. Wait until MacWorld... it should be worth it.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis

Apple likes to use the order date. :(

I'd cancel my order or ship it back unopened if it's not a custom build.

joefinan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Kingston-Upon-Thames, UK
Everyone is saying to wait - but has anyone heard WHY we should wait?

Are there any rumours specifically about the Macbook Pro?

My biggest concern about waiting is that the MBP won't get a massive upgrade but will get the crappy keyboards that the Macbooks have. Please Apple, don't do that!!

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
My biggest concern about waiting is that the MBP won't get a massive upgrade but will get the crappy keyboards that the Macbooks have. Please Apple, don't do that!!

I doubt they will since the keyboard is one of the major elements apple has used to differentiate their mbp high end class laptops from the mb consumer class laptop. But with Apple, past history is often a poor indicator of coming events. Except for their pre-installed RAM, prices, which you can be assured will stay overpriced.

Anywho, whatever the next mbp's keyboard will be like if the case gets changed at the coming macworld, the fact is that it's way too late for Apple to hear your cries and make any changes now. So keep your fingers crossed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.