MBP Buy or Wait

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by brigog, Dec 28, 2007.

  1. brigog macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2007
    #1
    Hey guys,

    I Just ordered a new MackBook Pro but after thinking im wondering if I should cancel my order and wait for MacWorld 2008 incase they decided to upgrade it. If anyone has an opinion on this please let me know. My main concern is for the Graphics card because I would really like a 512 MB ram. Either way if im spending 4,000 bucks I want the best thing...not whats going to be replaced in a month. Apple said I have a 14 days to return it etc and I shouldnt be getting my new computer till jan 3-9 so I might be ok. Please give me your advice guys.
     
  2. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

    ErikAndre

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2007
    Location:
    Florida
    #2
    Phew, tough call, especially since you already ordered it. Anything on the MacBook Pro or Mac Pro line I would strongly say wait for... and if Apple does come out with something nice, I can see the flood of people ready to return their recently purchased macs (so you'll get caught in that loop).

    If it were me, I would cancel just to avoid any paperwork, shipping, etc... It would be better off waiting for the 15th (which is really just a couple weeks away).
     
  3. jnc macrumors 68020

    jnc

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2007
    Location:
    Nunya, Business TX
    #3
    The keynote's 18 days off. Does the 14 day exchange period start when you receive it or when you place the order?

    I'd cancel it either way... it's not a smart time to be buying a Mac unless you're getting a hefty discount somehow!
     
  4. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

    themoonisdown09

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2007
    Location:
    Georgia, USA
    #4
    I agree... I would cancel it. Wait until MacWorld... it should be worth it.
     
  5. IMcD23 macrumors regular

    IMcD23

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2007
    Location:
    Iowa, United States, Earth, Milky Way, . . .
    #5
    agreed
     
  6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

    Eidorian

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2005
    Location:
    Indianapolis
    #6
    Apple likes to use the order date. :(

    I'd cancel my order or ship it back unopened if it's not a custom build.
     
  7. joefinan macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2007
    Location:
    Kingston-Upon-Thames, UK
    #7
    Everyone is saying to wait - but has anyone heard WHY we should wait?

    Are there any rumours specifically about the Macbook Pro?

    My biggest concern about waiting is that the MBP won't get a massive upgrade but will get the crappy keyboards that the Macbooks have. Please Apple, don't do that!!
     
  8. motulist macrumors 601

    motulist

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2003
    #8
    I doubt they will since the keyboard is one of the major elements apple has used to differentiate their mbp high end class laptops from the mb consumer class laptop. But with Apple, past history is often a poor indicator of coming events. Except for their pre-installed RAM, prices, which you can be assured will stay overpriced.

    Anywho, whatever the next mbp's keyboard will be like if the case gets changed at the coming macworld, the fact is that it's way too late for Apple to hear your cries and make any changes now. So keep your fingers crossed.
     

Share This Page