MBP buyers guide.

LeoCFH

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2014
Hi guys. Looking to get a new MBP soon but the buyers guide suggests not to. Something about possibly non retina MBP being discontinued? Was wondering if I could get some advice. Thanks.

Barney63

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2014
Bolton, UK.
Is it the non-rMBP that you are thinking of getting?
If not, why is it important if it gets discontinued or not?
There is no significant upgrade due to the rMBP it had a major upgrade only a few months ago.

Barney

LeoCFH

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2014
Yes. Looking for the non rMBP. Cheaper and it's good enough for me. I'm thinking the buyers guide shouldn't matter much unless there was going to be a better MBP released soon at the same price as the current one. Then I would be willing to wait

MarvinHC

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2014
Belgium
Yes. Looking for the non rMBP. Cheaper and it's good enough for me. I'm thinking the buyers guide shouldn't matter much unless there was going to be a better MBP released soon at the same price as the current one. Then I would be willing to wait
I don't think Apple will release any new classic (non-retina) MBP. At some point in the near future whey will only offer retinas I think. But I am with you, Leo, I think the classic has a lot to go for especially being user upgradeable.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
I doubt they will update it. At this point it's been almost two years.

So either get the non-retina before it goes away, find it refurbished, or choose a different model. The MacBook Air is a good choice for the price conscious and non-feature driven.