MBP Buying Questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ~BlackIce~, May 18, 2008.

1. ~BlackIce~ macrumors newbie

I'm definitely buying a Macbook Pro this summer, but not until the get-a-free-iPod deal comes out. I just have a few last-minute questions:

1. Is it likely or somewhat possible that a MBP update will be annouced at WWDC? Or should I just go ahead and buy once the free iPod deal comes out?

2. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the 7000RPM 200GB Hard-drive. But, is that completely necessary? Or is the computer fast enough already?

3. Also, I'm pretty sure I want to upgrade to 4GB of RAM, but I know Apple's is wayyyyy overpriced. Is it really as easy as everyone says? I'm no computer genius, and I don't want to mess my new computer up when trying to put RAM in.

Thanks guys!

2. albinoAZN macrumors regular

3. xhambonex macrumors 6502a

It is possible a MBP update may happen sometime this summer. I assume since you are waiting for a free-ipod deal that you are a student, since that is what the deal is for. I would wait, just in case an update comes along, until later this summer July/August.

4. turtlebud macrumors 6502a

if you can wait, i'd wait

there are advantages to waiting if you can afford to wait.

1. if there is a minor update (ie, speed bump, more standard memory/hard drive) you'll get a better machine for the same price or less
    2. if there is a major update (ie, form factor, complete redesign), you have the OPTION of PICKING which one you want. Maybe the new machine is so compelling that you have to get it, or maybe you prefer the previous revision. Either way, you have the choice of which to get. (the bonus is that the previous revision will probably see price cuts across the board, so if you do like it or just want to save some money, you can get a really good machine for less)