MBP Buying: When to buy this summer?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vchalupa, Jun 29, 2008.

1. vchalupa macrumors member

I'm looking to buy a new MBP this summer. The only problem is, I'm going to be out of the country on vacation in from July 18th until August 17th. Would it be a smart idea to buy the MBP before I leave or will it be worth the wait? I have to move into my dorm on August 31st. So I have some time after I come back from vacation. I would rather buy it before I go but if there is a chance of getting an update by then, I'd rather wait.

Any suggestions?

2. nayxn2nayxn macrumors member

nobody knows and this question has been posted at least a million times...at least a hundred times today...SEARCH the forums

SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

I love when newbies romp on older members. But seriously, best bet is to look at the buyers guide, follow that and you should be good.

4. astudentis macrumors regular

the only update i expect is upgrades to the newer monteniva processors... similar to the imac... faster bus speeds, more cache i think.... thats probably the only thing i can think of that can be updated for the mbpros

5. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

Just buy it, nothing should come out and plus you can have a cool toy for your trip, and free ipod touch.