MBP Buying: When to buy this summer?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vchalupa, Jun 29, 2008.

  1. vchalupa macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2008
    #1
    I'm looking to buy a new MBP this summer. The only problem is, I'm going to be out of the country on vacation in from July 18th until August 17th. Would it be a smart idea to buy the MBP before I leave or will it be worth the wait? I have to move into my dorm on August 31st. So I have some time after I come back from vacation. I would rather buy it before I go but if there is a chance of getting an update by then, I'd rather wait.

    Any suggestions?
     
  2. nayxn2nayxn macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2008
    #2
    nobody knows and this question has been posted at least a million times...at least a hundred times today...SEARCH the forums

    SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     
  3. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2005
    Location:
    Laguna Beach
    #3
    I love when newbies romp on older members. But seriously, best bet is to look at the buyers guide, follow that and you should be good.
     
  4. astudentis macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2007
    #4
    the only update i expect is upgrades to the newer monteniva processors... similar to the imac... faster bus speeds, more cache i think.... thats probably the only thing i can think of that can be updated for the mbpros
     
  5. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2005
    Location:
    Laguna Beach
    #5
    Just buy it, nothing should come out and plus you can have a cool toy for your trip, and free ipod touch.
     

Share This Page