MBP C2D Battery Life??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Plymouthbreezer, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Hey everyone... Just wondering, what is everyone getting for battery life on their MacBook Pro C2Ds with the LED backlights??

I ask because in the few days I've been using mine, I only seem to get under an hour of realtime battery life - that is, with a middle screen brightness setting and Airport.

I've turned off BT and the keyboard backlight. However, it seems odd to me that they would get this poor battery life. My 400MHz Ti can do 3 hours easy...

Any ideas??

2. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

using mine right now here in the office w/ BT DUN (can't connect to their LAN) says I got 3 hours 48 minutes left.

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

It depends on what you're running, but with average light use (i.e. not running games or anything that really thrashes the CPU) you should get something around 3-4 hours.

4. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Sounds like you have a bad battery...

speaking of bad batteries, I have to call Apple... mine keeps shutting down at 33% since the battery update:mad:

5. ascender macrumors 68000

My battery has just died again with a black X through it. That one lasted all of two weeks and had a pretty poor charging life, so i wonder if I just got unlucky with another bad one.

6. Plymouthbreezer thread starter macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Humm, so how do I got about fixing this?? Call Apple? I suppose a better question is, what's their policy on this issue??