Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexb233

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
Hello all
when I connect my new MBP C2D to an external display and have the MBP display going to, extended esktop mode, not mirrored, within five minutes teh MBP dsplay goes HAYWIRE...and i mean completley unreadable! Its like each line gets shifted every which direction, you cant read a damn thing, but the external display remains ok. It almost looks like when you overclock a graphics card too much and the ting just goes unstable. It REALLY scares me. talked to apple, they just documented it, have to call em back. Im wondering if its a redux of teh 10.4.7 software issue with the MBP CD's screen flickering, but this seems even worse....I'm praying to god its not a hardware issue.
Anyone else experience this or can try the same setup to see what happens? Thanks...

miniguu

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2005
Just connected my Dell 2005 widescreen to my MBP...works great. Hope that Apple support can do something for you.

alexb233

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
well no luck. tried it out on a smasung lcd and an apple monitor, its broken :( genuis bar said its either the logic board or calbling or lcd, so theyre sending it back, 10 days without my brand spanking new macbook pro, this sucks :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.