MBP (c2d, non-led matte screen) has permanent smudges!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chooki, Jan 14, 2008.

1. chooki macrumors newbie

My MBP is 14 months old and there are permanent 1 to 6-pixel size smudges all over the screen! These seem to be permanent, under the screen. The screen looks permanently dirty. Is there any way to fix this? I've tried cleaning the screen numerous times.

Any advice? Have you had this problem?

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

3. chooki thread starter macrumors newbie

Not yet. I'll get one soon. I just set my background to light gray, to see the extent of the smudges, and there are easily 50 or so, mostly about a pixel in size. There are 4 or 5 streaks about the size of a smilie..

4. Justinerator macrumors 6502

Justinerator

you're sure they're smudges, and not dead streaks of pixels? You mentioned trying to clean it, what did you use? I would try using IKlear (if you haven't already) to clean the screen. If it doesn't go away then, go to an apple store so they can check it out.

5. chooki thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried a cloth lightly damp with water, and an isopropyl alcohol/water mix, which is essentially what iklear is. I think the marks are below the screen, not on it. They don't look exactly like pixels, though - more like pixel blobs. I'm going to go to an Apple store to see what they think. I'm not very happy with this. These marks have been on here (the larger ones, anyway) for a few months, and I didn't think anything of them - just thought I needed to do a proper cleaning of the screen.

6. Cloudane macrumors 65816

Cloudane

If it's anything like my 4 year old Powerbook, dust has started appearing within the LCD itself. I don't think there's anything you can do about it :( Mine started appearing at the dock area, probably from the fan blowing dust upwards, there's even a little hair in there.

7. Justinerator macrumors 6502

Justinerator

I figure if you're under warranty, the apple store will be able to replace it no prob.