MBP cannot see my home network?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sixtyin3, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Sixtyin3 macrumors member

I can connect to the network, browse the internet and use the network printer. However, I cannot see other windows based computers or my HP Media Vault under the Network tab. Any ideas? They all have shared folders but under Network my MBP shows nothing. Ideas? Its a LinkSys router.

2. kalex macrumors 65816

only AFP shares show up on the left i think. try connecting directly with command+k combo and type path to the share directly. that might work

one other reason could be that your windows workgroup name is different than the one you have defined on mac.

3. kalex macrumors 65816

Forgot to mention. Check to see if your firewall on windows is preventing network connectivity. i just noticed that my Ready NAS shows up fine on the left side of the finder

4. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

I have this pobkem frequently... Leopard is very inconsistent for me when it comes to showing PCs on the network. I know um not doing anything wrong because sometimes
    they show up no problem, other times its a pain in the ***. Sorry I can't help figure out a solution.

5. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

the one drawback of OSX is networking support, it sucks, sometimes itll connect, sometimes it wont, it wants a username and password for the machine you want to connect to as well