MBP Case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by higgz, Mar 3, 2008.

1. higgz macrumors member

higgz

Hey guys I have the Santa Rosa MBP 15"-- I'm really looking into investing in a case because I want to take care of my new baby and I like to bring it places... Does anybody know the quality of the speck one I listed below or how well/good they are? If not do you know of better ones? I read somewhere that the speck one some people had to like shave the case and such for it to fit or some stuff? I don't want to spend 50$ on something I'll have to manipulate with. Thanks :apple:

http://www.speckproducts.com/products/seethru/15-macbook-pro/25

*edit.. Oh yeah and does it affect the temperature bad? Like should I definitely take it off when it is at my desk for better performance?

2. higgz thread starter macrumors member

higgz

3. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

I have a 17" MBP, but don't use the speck casing. I've heard too many stories about people getting scratches while installing or removing them. As far as the heat issue, I can't imagine how it would be good for the laptop. It may not be so bad that it does serious damage, however.

Here is a link to a site dedicated to Mac Cases. I got the Brenthaven backpack, as it allows me to also carry other items such as my Wacom tablet. Good luck in your search. :)

4. higgz thread starter macrumors member

higgz

Thank you much appreciated!