MBP cases that allow for ethernet and power cable?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dukebound85, Aug 16, 2010.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Are there any? All of the 15in cases I have seen in my time shopping online force the power cord to run towards the keyboard vs run to the back and in doing so, blocks the ethernet port.

Are there any that do not exhibit this attribute?

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

huh?

I got an speck hardshell that specifically said that it "fits the new magsafe" which works fine in the reversed position.

3. Banbury macrumors newbie

I would second that. I am new to MBP so did not have a clue what case to buy.

I got one of these "Speck Aluminum Unibody See Thru Satin for 15-inch MacBook Pro" cases. It just clips on. I can connect the power cable + E'net + USB etc. It also has a vent on the underside for better heat dissipation.

I've only had it for 4 days but so far it has worked well. No overheating, lid shuts without "binding" etc.

4. Jenko macrumors regular

Hi, I just received my first MBP 15" here in Ireland and I also got an incase black hardshell and moshi palmguard and keyboard protector. Sounds a bit over the top I know but when you have a 2 year old running around the house it pays to be prepared. Anyway The hardshell fits perfectly and it is the new design for the 2010 MBP 15" which allows for the new magsafe charger so you can have it pointing towards the back of the laptop which does not block the ethernet or any other ports, it is worth the investment especially if you want to keep it clean and scratch free.

5. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

Awesome, great to know. The reviews I have read and the photos of the cases stated/implied otherwise. Glad that is not the case